Thursday, 13 August 2009

Sepia Tones and Silver Frames

While writing my dissertation I have spent a considerable amount of time, well, NOT writing my dissertation. Rather, I have been working on the never ending chore (and I DO mean never ending) of organizing the almost 20,000 antique photographs I have saved onto my computer (some people juggle geese!). And so, good viewers (all 3ish of you) I (now that I have figured out this 'read more' gadget) shall commence sharing them with you!

To whet your appetites, we'll start with my personal favourite:Sadly, I'm starting this feature off by doing something that rather irritates me: Sharing a photograph with you but failing to provide any details. I shall endeavor to do this as much as possible in the future, but alas, she did not come with any. And now, a random selection of other pretties for your viewing pleasure and daily quota of crinolines and lace!


1844 Lady Mary Campbell
1860 Emeline du Fougeray & her husband

1880 The Great-grandmother of Lloyd Gunn

1900 From Bohemia

1920 Russian

1940 Bayou Bourbeaux Plantation, Louisiana, August

Agatha Roze (ca. 1904-1927)

1890s Swimsuits!

1953 John F. Kennedy Jr. and Jackie

1890s Apache Native Americans

And one last one with absolutely no information to offer! (personally, I'd place it in the 1890s)



3 comments:

Katie B said...

The little girl from Bohemia looks evil. Yikes.

willawisp said...

These are so brilliant... your collection sounds like a very good thing!

Whyte Fairy said...

Katie, I'll get to evil looking children in a few weeks....

willawisp, Thank you! I've always thought so. I have just spent so much time with the the past few weeks that I kind of wanted to share. Enjoy! :-D