Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Tea of the Day!

Licorice Mint Blend (Wellcat): 4.5/5

A blend of Peppermint, Spearmint, and Licorice root.

Wow. I was really rather dubious about this tea, as I had recently come to the conclusion that Licorice was NOT my thing. But this was amazing. The peppermint and spearmint took on really well together; I'll probably try just the two of them together in the future, to see what it's like without the licorice. But I think it was the combination of the spearmint and the licorice that gave my drink an amazingly sweet kick. It was in that spot between what's in your mouth and the after taste, just a blast of sweet. Due to the mint, though it was a hot drink, it was extremely refreshing, and just as fantastic as an iced tea! :) I'm really glad that I liked this one. I was getting tired of blah teas.

Extra: 'The first cup moistens my lips and throat; The second cup breaks my loneliness; The third cup searches my barren entrail but t find therein som thousand volumes of odd ideographs...'
~Lu Tung, Chinese poet, T'ang Dynasty

3 comments:

Laura said...

After reading all these tea posts, I've come to the conclusion that we need to turn the Chocolate Mint herb in my front garden into tea, like yesterday. I should probably figure out where it is rather than discover it every time I mow the lawn. Chocolate mint tea...I smell a good idea.

Whyte Fairy said...

I concur! It has got to be better than putting a mint tea bag into a cup of hot chocolate. Blegh! I can't believe neither of us thought of that before, especially as I'm SURROUNDED by it in Ruth's garden!

woodlandwalker said...

I would think it would taste better if it was paired with something else. Maybe not--experimenting, here I come!