Wednesday, 9 September 2009

The Land of the Free and the Home of the All Night Diner

And now I'm home! Back in America! I landed in Philly this time, but last time I landed in Newark, right near New York, and I got to see the Statue of Liberty out the window of the airplane as I landed. It was really neat. So, to follow up from last/this weeks Monarchs, I give you, American Presidents! (and the pretty Lady)



1843 John Quincy Adams, the 6th President, and the first to be photgraphed



1849 James Knox Polk, 11th President


1860 Abraham Lincoln, sans beard. 16th President


1864 Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant standing by a tree in front of a tent, Cold Harbor, Va. Future 18th President


1865 James A. Garfield and daughter, 20th President


1900 William McKinley in the White House, 25th President


Teddy Roosevelt, 26th President


1908 William Howard Taft, 27th President


1916 President Woodrow Wilson throwing out the first ball, opening day, 28th President


1958 John Kennedy and Caroline, 35th President

No comments: