Tuesday, 19 January 2010

I'd Rather Not Marry a Doctor, They're Always Killing the Sick

Less in light of the recent sudden need for those in the Medical profession and more due to Laura's suggestion, this week's photograph theme will feature Doctors and Nurses of all shapes and sizes.

Back to Haiti: PLEASE give what you can and urge others to do the same. There are so many different ways you can help- even if you just add $1 onto your grocery bill at the supermarket. Please don't turn your backs on your fellow human beings just because such a tragedy 'doesn't have anything to do with you'.

In other news: I'm going on a slight hiatus from etsy. I am ABSOLUTELY accepting custom requests. I even have a few more items to post, guest made by the Lovely Laura! (I just need to find someone with a smaller head on which to photograph such merchandise) Mostly, I'm trying to find a job that will pay me enough that I can move out. (You might think it's silly to take a break from a money making endeavor in order to make money. Well, yes, but as I've not actually made any money on etsy- as in, I have yet to cover the costs of my beginning supplies, and it takes a LOT of time out of my day to hang around the forums and promote my products so that I get a sale every other week. I need that time to do other things right now. So I am not gone from etsy- and will be back with many new and exciting items for the spring. But right now I need to direct my energies elsewhere.

In other other news: Go see Sherlock Holmes.

In better news: I just applied for an AMAZING job. Let's hope I get an interview! *crosses fingers*

Also- one of my brother's guppies might explode.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled photo post. Tomorrow: Sounder! A Sound Review!




1850s Professor Franciscus Cornelis Donders - a Dutch Opthamologist


1940s Captain Mary L. Petty, Chief Nurse, holding a glass bottle and showing it to 2nd Lieutenant Olive Bishop, Fort Huachuca, Arizona.


1915 Tsaritsa Alix and Grand Princess Olga of Russia as nurses


1954 Psychiatric Hospital


1939-1946 by Disfarmer


1860s Civil War surgeon


1970 Nurses on the Sidewalk, Chicano Moratorium, Los Angeles


1940-1950 At the lecture of Institute of medicine, USSR, Moscow


1954 Psychiatric Hospital