Monday, 25 January 2010

Two Posts in One Day? That's Like Crazy Talk!

Well, technically it's only one. The first one was yesterday's, so it doesn't count. Today over at Wellcat.com (under their Holiday section of course, is A Room Of One's Own Day. Rather than go on about the essay, which I never read, I'll entertain you with photographs of the big bad Woolf instead!

1884 Julia Stephen with Virginia on her lap



1894 Vanessa, Julia (mother), Thoby, Adrian and Virginia


1894 Julia Stephens, Vanessa, Thoby, Virginia bending over another child


1893 Julia, Leslie and Virginia Stephens


1892 Horatio Brown, Julia Duckworth Stephen, George Duckworth, Gerald Duckworth, Vanessa, Thoby, Virginia, Adrian Stephen, the dog Shag


Not my customary 10. It turns out that I have many more photographs of Julia, Virginia's mother, than I do of Virginia herself.

2 comments:

woodlandwalker said...

I can't believe you've never read A Room of One's Own. It's a quick read; let me know if you'd like to borrow it. Quite good feminist-author theory.

Whyte Fairy said...

I should very much like to read it sometime! Thank you for the offer!