Friday, 7 January 2011

Woman's Best Friend

1921 Actress Margaret Horan
I. love. this. photograph.

1856 "The Lesson"
Teaching demon dogs to sit up and beg.

1857 Wilfred Dodgson (Charles' brother) and Dido (who is a lovely dog)
Despite Wilfred's very happy looking demeanor, I find the image to be quite lovely.

1887 Toto Too!

1888 Fun Fact: She crocheted that Yorkshire Terrier
right into that shawl for Mother!

1900s "I TOLD you, Emily! I'm allergic to daffodils!"

Unknown

1900s I'm certain that this caption is not the original. It is, however, quite apt.
Miss F.S. Sternberg with King Charles St. Anthony Sun Spot.
Out for a walk in the park.

1916 Gwen (I'm assuming that Gwen is the girl, rather than the pooch)

And finally
1918 Mary Truesdell (I quite like the looks of this photograph)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The little dog in the Unknown photo looks a bit like my sister's fox terrior mix. I like the girl's hair in the 1888 photo with the yorkshire terrior. Dee

Whyte Fairy said...

Thank you so much for your comments! If you're interested, I just stumbled across this post in a phenomenal blog that I can't read a word of.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/la_belle_epoque/post118765104/

Puppies!v ^_^

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I like cute puppy pictures. Darlene