Wednesday, 31 March 2010

The Ants Go Marching One By One...


Which I suppose is only hilarious as a title if you're me and my dad. Back in 8th or 9th grade I opened the pantry door, gasped, jumped back, and gaggingly informed my step-mum that there was an infestation of a million billion ants. Naturally, she believed me. Then she continued to believe me for several more years. Then I graduated high school and went off to college in another state. But not to worry! My dad kindly continued the tradition and it is only in the past few years that she's been wise to us, wandering around the house for days beforehand muttering 'ants....ants...' in an attempt to remember what we're about to do.

In other news, French culture for some reason invited the fish into April Fools Day- le poisson d'avril. Your guess is as good as mine as to why (and will probably be about as specific as those given for the holiday itself), but apparently the goal is to pin a picture of a fish on someone's back without their noticing. Or something like that. Now, don't you feel cultured?

No comments: