Monday, 22 March 2010

Artsy Gals

To continue with Women's History Month (as we've not actually done anything else...), for the third week of March (yes, I know, I'm still trying to catch up) let us look at some of the so called Free Spirited Women who gave their creations to the world:

1865 Jane Morris
Model and Muse to Pre-Raphaelites William Morris and Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(neither of which I favor very much, but what can you do?)


Martha Graham- the mother of Modern Dance


1870s: Louisa May Alcott: Author of the Little Women series
(yes, there's more than one)


Christina Rossetti and her Mother
Sister of Dante and a poet in her own write! (haha...)


Frieda Kahlo
(the woman with her looks disturbingly like a statue!)


Clara Schumann, a lauded German pianist and composer
(a really rather interesting lady!)


(The Super Tiny) Bonnie Parker


1919 Georgia O'Keefe (photographby ALfred Stieglitz)
(She looks like a lot of fun!)


Mary Anne Evans, also known as George Eliot
(Gag)


Harriet Beecher Stowe
'So you're the little woman who wrote the book that made this great war!' (Lincoln)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"1865 Jane Morris
Model and Muse to Pre-Raphaelites
William Morris and Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(neither of which I favor very much, but what can you do?)"

Really? I <3 the Rossettis.

In other news, how are you, my darling? I miss you so very much!!! Do you know how close you are to Shamell's family now? If you'd like a Caribbean extended family in the area (seriously!), just let me know, and I'll find a way to introduce you all.

Much love,
Dark Fae

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why you wrote the word "gag" under George Elliot's photo? Aren't you insulting her looks? or does this word refer to something else? If you are insulting her, I find this to be despicable