Wednesday, 28 April 2010

I'm In Love With My CAAAAAAAAR!

(Again, you'll have to add your own Queen) (I suppose I could get one of those things that plays music automatically when you come to my site- but then I'd feel pressured to change it every week. I can't subject myself to that!) This post was originally meant to feature motorcycles- spicing up the whole transportation concept. Then Queen came on, and I couldn't just pass over that.

Sorry I skipped my text post this week (and will most likely continue to do so for a few days) I'm going CAMPING this weekend!!!! ^_^ *Fairy Dance* But back to the subject at hand!

1956 by Robert Doisneau


1910: Cars were apparently common enough to be featured as parts of carnival rides!


1938: Family on the road in the Midwest


1911: Twins with a Buick Roadster
(I love Buick. They're the only reason I can buy new parts for my Olds. ^_^)


1931 Australia (same group as the last post)


1920s: Bertha Truesdell Reynolds


1920s: Suffragist and Socialite Rosalie Jones posing as an auto mechanic


1917: Rural Deliveries in Weston, Ohio


1927: High School girls learning auto-mechanics: Grace Hurd, Evelyn Harrison, and Corinna DiJiulian, with Grace Wagner


And this Gorgeous, Gorgeous contraption sadly falls into the category of Unknown!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the antique cars! And fyi (per your earlier post)-I would know if you disappeared. Promise. And would send *both* museum and B&N staff to check on you.

Love you bunches, and I hope you have a fabulous time this weekend!!! Say hello to Hemlock Hole and the Faery Caern for me. :)