Saturday, 24 April 2010

Just for Jenni: Antique Maps!

I apologize for not getting this up last night, I had an exciting new migraine. Blegh. Also: VOTE IN THE CAPTION CONTEST! (please! see two posts below this)

This post will be smaller than most, as the photographs I use come from what I already have. The only antique maps I have are on my wall (excitingly displayed in my staircase!) and there is not an overabundance of them. Nevertheless: Maps!

Europe: 1500





Cute Little Ships, but no Sea Monsters


The Holy See


Shakespeare's Britain


London, and the Original St Paul's Cathedral


The Scottish Play! (And a Unicorn!)


Irish Sea Monster?


Based on John Speed's 1610/11 map
(as is the Shakespeare one- hence the same London image and similar sea monsters)





4 comments:

irishshammrocks said...

Awww you need a US map from 1792 in this post! lol :) I know someone who has one! :)

Whyte Fairy said...

yes please! ^_^

meyerprints said...

http://antiquemapssouthamerica.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Yay maps! You're the best!