Sunday, 25 April 2010

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep...

The old fear that I had in England came back last night: I live by myself, and I'm not terribly terribly close to anyone up here. What if something happens to me? How long will it take people to notice?

I had a 2 day migraine and the after effects were hideous. To the point where I was worried that something else might have been wrong with me. Which got me worrying about going to bed that night and not waking up. If I don't show up to work at the bookstore today, they'd call me once and then write me off as a no-show. If I then didn't show up to the museum, how many days would it take for someone to try to come to my house and see if I'm dead? I don't even talk to most of my home friends enough that me not picking up the phone a few times would probably worry them terribly.

This is why I don't like living by myself.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

ummmm please don't die! I would miss you! Also why I never want to live alone and might not apply to a job that would give me free room and board...because it would be me all alone in an apartment. I'd go even more batty.

woodlandwalker said...

I see you. The lack of blog posts would alert me. And my Guen-dar. Or Guen Dar...that would be fun...

irishshammrocks said...

Because I don't know where you live or have your cell phone number! I would just leave you to rot i think! lol Don't worry I would totally steal the truck and come check on you if you no called no showed! (I was a B&N twice today, both times when you weren't working! how annoying is that!)

Whyte Fairy said...

When were you at b&n??? They gave me a crap short shift today. rawr.

Thank you guys for caring whether I'm dead! ^_^