Thursday, 10 June 2010

More Antique Mapness!

Irishshammrocks has kindly lent me an 18th century map of hers to post here! Thank you very much! ^_^

A New and Correct Map of the United States of North America - 1784
by Abel Buell






Ok, so here you can see where the Pennamite-Yankee Wars came from - everybody's claim seems to go straight across as far as the eye can see (though PA seems to taper off with no western border...) Silly Connecticut. And why did the smaller colonies (Jersey, Maryland, etc.) not get in on Western Borders that Go On Forever?


4 comments:

moorvy said...

Ooh, I rather like maps...I'm grinning with mappiness.

:)

irishshammrocks said...

Aww I love love love this map! I'm glad you could use it! :)

SkinheadSaint said...

isn't this that $2 million dollar map? where did you find your copy? I have a similar copy...

Whyte Fairy said...

$2million?? I don't know! I just borrowed the print from a friend of mine!