Monday, 26 July 2010

We're All Mad Here

I FINALLY saw the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland! (On the plane!)
I loved it.
I also went to Oxford last week...




I must say that I was IMMENSELY pleased with how it turned out! (I was rather concerned, what with Alice being grown up and Depp as a rather pathetic looking Hatter)



I really liked the girl they got to play Alice, though she kept me distracted by looking like some odd younger sister of Gwyneth Paltrow... I thought she was Brilliant.











Mostly I enjoyed Depp's performance. He really brought the Hatter to life in a 3 dimensional way (no, I did not see it in 3D and have no intention of seeing Deathly Hallows in 3D either) that I'd not seen before. I particularly liked that his version of the character had that all consuming dark side to him that he had to be occasionally snapped out of. The changes in his voice were also excellent. Overall, my expectations were blown away and I'm very glad, as I dearly love Alice and her Adventures.


Hilary bought me the facsimilie of the handwritten
Alices Adventures Underground.
(for my birthday!) <3





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay you! Love the pic of you at the beginning of the post!

Hugs,
Dark Fae

Anonymous said...

Oh! Semi-random, but if you're going to be in the Scranton area for even just a little longer...I know a colorguard that could probably use your help...and you could play with pretty flags and baby guardos. ;p

~Dark Fae

Whyte Fairy said...

eep! Yes, please! ^_^ (I was just sitting here listening to Iris and thinking what a wonderful indoor show it would make...) <3

Jill said...

your outfit is great, guenevere!