Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Tea of the Day!

Orange Spice and Lavender Tea (Wellcat): 4/5

A concoction created by Dave when I could not decide which tea to drink one day (a few months ago...)! I have always wanted to try mixing the different teas I have together to see what I could see and taste what I could taste. But then when the time comes for a cup I forget...
Anyway! This blend is delIcious! (You will have to imagine the high note in the middle of the word) It's difficult to balance the two so that the lavender is still evident whilst not being over powering.

The initial taste is quite strong in the lavender department, mixed nicely with the citrus, and is even a little sour, but then mellows out to what amounts to the same flavor as the Orange Spice tea with a Little Something Extra in it. The scent is intoxicatingly delicious. Especially as the weather cools. ^_^

Some may find a sweetener appropriate (I recommend sugar or its equivalent. I do not think honey would work well)

Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea.
~Henry Fielding, Love in Several Masques

No comments: