Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Tea of the Day!

Green Rooibus Tea (Wellcat): 2/5

According to Teavanna (not that you've seen any of their products here. I'm not quite rich enough for that. But if anyone feels the need to send me samples... ^_^):

Green Rooibus is another take on the (Red) Rooibus teas which come from "an African red bush".
  • High in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
  • May help control allergies and fight colds
  • Good for your skin and complexion
  • Helps improve digestion
  • Naturally caffeine-free
(Back to me) Green and Red Rooibus come from the same plant - it is the processing that makes the difference (the same as with black/green/white teas).

Ok. So, I give it a 2. To be fair, it by no means tastes 'bad', but I don't see myself ever coming home and thinking "I'd like a nice cup of Green Rooibus tea!" (Though who knows?) It is both a little bland for my tastes (I tend to like the fruitier teas, you might have noticed), though also being a little pungent initially (which seems to have worn off as I continue the glass). It also tastes a wee bit grassy, but not awful. I recommend if you're bored of plain green tea, but do not wish to get too adventurous!

Extra: Because tea was so expensive in seventeenth-century England, servants weren't allowed to handle the precious leaves. The lady of the house kept it in Chinese jars in her closet alongside the tea bowls and pots.

Also: DR. WHO WAS REVIVED BY TEA! ^_^

(The musings of a recently indoctrinated Dr. Who fan...)

3 comments:

irishshammrocks said...

Oh *swoon* *sigh* My Doctor! :)

Whyte Fairy said...

I know! *swoons too*

Anonymous said...

Did not know about the allergy thing.
Darlene