Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Tea of the Day!

Well, we're going to cheat and combine the hot tea water with the chocolate and promote: Land O'Lakes Hot Chocolate! Raspberry Hot Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Hot Chocolate! 5/5!!!!

Sometimes you need something more substantial on a freezing cold icy tundra day than a steaming mug of hot leaf juice! I will say that I prefer to snuggle with a movie and a mug of chocolate than a mug of tea when I'm snowbound. And Land O'Lakes is my favorite choice! Mostly all of their selections are good - go for the mint, if you can find it! The cinnamon is a little strange, but good nonetheless. The caramel is AWESOME. I'm still too afraid to try the french vanilla that I have. Someday I'll get brave. Maybe you could encourage me?

But being a sucker for all things Raspberry (seriously - I chose raspberries over King Arthur in Apples to Apples once!), my beverage of choice in the chocolate department would definitely be the Raspberry ones! The dark chocolate variety, containing, as it does, dark chocolate, is a mite less sweet. But sometimes that's what you're going for! Describing them seems a bit redundant beyond that. If you've ever had any kind of chocolate raspberry anything, you know what it tastes like. If I need something delicious with lunch, or to pep me up for doing the dishes (no comments necessary, Katie) I'll go for the milk chocolate/raspberry. If I'm watching Doctor Who and crocheting, definitely the dark chocolate/raspberry.
Ps: Throw in a splash of milk while mixing it. It makes for a richer drink.

"Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast,
Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round,
And, while the bubbling and loud hissing urn
Throws up a steamy column and the cups
That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each,
So let us welcome peaceful ev'ning in"
~William Cowper

4 comments:

irishshammrocks said...

I am not a huge fan of the Land O Lakes hot chocolates. Although The Fra swears by them. Personally I find them a bit rich and sweet. However the next time I'm over I would love to help you try the French Vanilla one!

Whyte Fairy said...

Sounds like a plan! You also must help me try my huckleberry truffle hot chocolate! ^_^

Anonymous said...

ohh hot chocolate, yummy. I think I'm going to have to make a cup now.
Darlene

Whyte Fairy said...

I love it when I inspire people to Chocolate! :-D